Monday, July 2, 2012

physical death

For Booksneeze, I'm currently reviewing What You Need to Know About Bible Prophecy by Max Anders. This isn't the book review because I'm not done with the book yet; still have four more chapters. Won't say much about the book until the review, except that it is a good book, but I read this tonight. I literally wanted to outline it in the book and tattoo it on my heart.....

From What You Need to Know About Bible Prophecy by Max Anders, page 126, (talking about death).

Physical death is merely the final outcome of living in a fallen world, for when Adam and Eve ate from the forbidden tree sin entered the world, and along with it both spiritual and physical death. But just as a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, Jesus said, so it will sprout again into new life. We must die so that sin can be eradicated and we can be physically born again to new life, just as we have been spiritually. It is through death that we are finally completed in our union with Christ (Romans 8:22-23). Physical death is a wonderful gift. Without it, we would have to live eternally in sin-corrupted bodies. So regardless of what causes our death, the actual process of dying is the closing of our eyes in this world and a moment later opening them in that far, far better world - a world where all that is not good is excluded and all that is good is included and where we will live with our Lord forever. No problem with that.

Is that awesome or isn't it? I just love how he describes death. I'm not "eager" to die just yet, but I need to physically die so I can get rid of this sin infested body and be with Jesus forever, for eternity, FOREVER!

It also helps to put into perspective deaths of loved ones. While I grieve their loss, they are no longer in that sin corrupted body. Those that believe in Jesus are with him forever.

So very comforting.

so very hopeful

Of course one must believe in Jesus and accept him as their Lord and Savior and acknowledge they are a sinner and that he died for their sins.

I believe in you Jesus; I know I will get to spend eternity with you.

When it is my time, I am so ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment