Wednesday, December 19, 2012

clothe

Colossians 3:12 Therefore as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

God chose me

I belong to him

I am holy - set apart

I am dearly loved - unconditionally, completely loved

Knowing this

How should I live?

I should clothe myself

dress myself, cover myself

with

compassion - mercy, sympathy, empathy

kindness - showing sympathy and understanding

humility - without pride, without arrogance

gentleness - kind, mild mannered

patient - enduring, hopeful forbearance

This is how I should live because I am secure with who I am in my Father's eyes . I should model Jesus in how I live.

I need to clothe myself with Jesus, his word, his love as I live in this world.

Help me to do so Lord!

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely encouraging post. Thank you.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, Betty. I need to get crackin' on this list. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete