Saturday, December 15, 2012

we need rescuing

Galatians 1:3-4

Grace and peace to you from God our father and Lord Jesus Christ who gave himself for our sins, to rescue us from the present evil age according to the will of our God and father.

It was a present evil age 2000 years ago when Jesus was born and it remained a present evil age after his death.

The difference was his death and resurrection gave us hope.  Gave us victory over sin, victory over death.  Gave us freedom from God's wrath and condemnation because of our sins.

He rescued us from this dark world.

Does it mean we are immune to tragedy?

Does it mean our lives with be rosy?

That our every desire met?

That we will never suffer pain, illness, tragedy, death of love ones?

NO!

But it means we have hope that this is not all there is.

We have hope that God is exactly who he says he is.

That he can be trusted and believed.

That he does not forsake or abandon us.

That he walks with us through our hard times.

That we have eternal life with Jesus!!

NOTHING can take us away from him.

NO ONE can snatch us out of his hands.

Our world is broken, flawed, full of evil and sin.

But Jesus rescued us when he gave himself up for us and our sins.

I am glad he was willing to rescue me.  I am glad he knew I needed to be rescued.

I am thankful that I realized I needed his rescuing through the work of the Holy Spirit in me.

Help me Lord to tell others that they too need your rescuing.

2 comments: