Sunday, January 20, 2013

walk as Jesus did

1 John 2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Whoever claims to have Jesus as their Lord, God, Savior, Redeemer, Ransomer

must - definite command

walk as Jesus did

and how did Jesus walk?

How did Jesus live?

boldly; confidently (he knew who he was in his Father's eyes)

lovingly; compassionately; kindly; patiently; serving others (he knew what people needed and chose to live for them, not himself)

I need to walk as you walk Lord; help me to do so!

3 comments:

  1. Have you read the book "Not A Fan" by Kyle Idleman (I think that's how it's spelled) powerful and thought provoking!! that's what your post made me think of. We need this reminder/challenge.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often tell myself I want to walk in Jesus' footsteps; however, I also enjoy living in comfort. I'm not really willing to give up as much as I should.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inappropriate Marianne brain went right to "I wear flip flops! Jesus wore sandals! We're like ONE."

    Sorry, you know I can't help myself.

    Wonderful reminder, thank you.

    ReplyDelete