Tuesday, August 13, 2013

give careful thoughts to your ways

Haggai 1:5 Now this is what the Lord Almighty says "Give careful thoughts to your ways."

Haggai 1:6 You have planted much, but harvested little.  You eat, but never have enough.  You drink, but never have your fill.  You put on clothes, but are not warm.  You earn wages only to put them in a purse with holes in it.

Basically, you are not following God.  You are working hard, but you are not content, you're not getting ahead, you are not satisfied.  Your priorities are in the wrong place. 

Your plan is not working.

Haggai 1:7 This is what the Lord Almighty Says "Give careful thought to your ways."

Haggai 1:8 Go up into the mountains and bring down timber and build the house so I may take pleasure in it and be honored," says the Lord.

Do what God told you to do.  Follow his plan for your life, not yours.  Bring pleasure to him.  Do things that honor him.

and the outcome........

Haggai 2:19 (b) From this day on I will bless you. 

Help me Lord to give careful thoughts to my ways.

My way is not working.

I'm discontent/not satisfied
working hard, but not harvesting
eating, but wanting more
drinking, but wanting more
never warm
go through money, never have enough

GIVE CAREFUL THOUGHT TO MY WAYS

Truly Lord, what do you want me to do?

Spouse
Children
Job
Church
Habits
Money
My life

It has to be what you want, Lord.

not what I want.

Help me to give careful thoughts to my ways Lord........

3 comments:

  1. 'And in this place I will grant peace,' declares the Lord Almighty." Haggai 2:9 Patience. Take care. P.S.Have you heard Mandisa's "Overcomer" song yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deja vu moment- in our "tropical" weather, reading "Nearing Home" and just came across Haggai "give careful thought to your ways" in the Fading Strength but Standing Firm chapter. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are spot on, but it is a hard thing to submit. Thanks for Reminding me why I try to do what I do. Bless you! Peace :)

    ReplyDelete