Tuesday, April 27, 2021

1 Corinthians 16:13-14

1 Corinthians 16:13-14 NLT  Be on guard.  Stand firm in the faith.  Be courageous.  Be strong.  And do everything with love.  

This is an action scripture on how to face your day.

Be on guard - in control, aware of your surroundings, watching for and fending off attacks from the enemy.  

Stand firm - do not cower. Do not be afraid.  Remember who you are in Christ's eyes - dearly loved.  Remember what Jesus did for you on the cross.

Be courageous - be bold - don't let fear dominate you.

Be strong - do not be weak in your faith.  You were bought at a terrific price - you matter a lot to God.

And do everything with love..... I admit.  This is a hard one for me.  Perhaps hardest of all the other commands given in this scripture.  I know it is mandated by God to love my neighbor as myself but it is a tall order at times, especially in this season of unrest and division.  

So, Lord, help me to love like You did, Jesus, sacrificially and unfailingly.  Help me to be courageous, not to be quiet, and to speak up with Your gospel to a world that desperately needs You and to hear it.  Help me to be firm in the faith, knowing You are who You say You are and You can be trusted.  And help me to be on guard against any and all attacks from the evil one.  In Your name, Jesus, I pray.  Amen.  



1 comment: