Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Deuteronomy 34:4

Deuteronomy 34:4 Then the Lord said to him "This is the land I promised on oath to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob when I said 'I will give it to your descendants.' I have let you see it, but you will not cross over to it."

God was compassionate to Moses in his discipline of Moses.  Moses could not enter the land, (because of his disobedience to God), but he got to see it and he got to see it with God pointing out the parts to him.  We don't know the exchange between God and Moses, but perhaps God told him of the coming Savior and key places in Jerusalem.

Shortly after Moses saw the promised land, he died and the Bible said God buried him.

I would like to think God was with him when he died, holding his hand, comforting him.  God didn't abandon him, but was with Moses all the days of his life.

God doesn't abandon any of us.  We may not feel his presence or hear his word (mainly because we might not be listening or are so clouded by fears, worries, anxieties or pride or arrogance and other sins) but God does not abandon us.

NEVER.

God is compassionate and slow suffering and wants everyone to come to know him as their Lord and Savior.

Thank you Lord that you don't abandon, that you are merciful, that you are here with me now and that you will never let go.

I love you Lord.  Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for these uplifting words, Betty. We all need to hear this, and often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't God always holding our hands? I'm sure He was with Moses.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete