Friday, February 8, 2013

impossible, part two

Matthew 9:27-28 As Jesus went on from there, two blind men followed him, calling out, “Have mercy on us, Son of David!”  When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him and he asked them "Do you believe I am able to do this?" "Yes Lord" they replied.

Do you believe I can do the impossible?

Restore your sight

Give sight to you.

Matthew 9:29-30 (a) Then he touched their eyes and said "According to your faith it will be done to you" and their sight was restored.

People came to Jesus with the impossible.

Dead daughter (Matthew 9:18)
Hemorrhaging lady for 12 years (Matthew 9:20)
Blind men (Matthew 9:27)
Man with leprosy (Matthew 8:1)
Servant paralyzed in great suffering (Matthew 8:5)
Paralytic man (Matthew 9:1)

And so many more

Each time they believed - had faith - that Jesus could do the impossible

Raise the dead
Cure the sick
Cure leprosy
Restore sight
Restore movement

According to their faith the impossible happened.

What are my impossibles?

Hubby - job
Son - protection, being on fire for Jesus
Friend - healing from cancer
Daughter - restoration of relationship

You are the God of the impossible Lord, I will wait for you. I will have great faith.

4 comments:

  1. I have a few impossibles of my own. I must keep the faith.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate your post and your transparency at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cancer part...you know there is a time when God calls us home. We don't want to lose loved ones, but sometimes what we will is not God's will. I lost my father to cancer 5 years ago. He was only 73. I was not ready for him to go. I prayed. My mom and my brother prayed, but it was time for him to go home. We have to remember, not our will, but God's will be done.

    At the same time, I have to tell you this story. I had endometriosis in the 80's. I had such sharp stabbing pains in my rear end, I would hollar even when I was at work. I went to the doctor and they said they would put me on male hormones. I took a few, but then had the meter maid talk to me about a preacher that heals that she listened to. Now, I don't believe in this, but because I loved the meter maid, I allowed her to bring the vcr tape for me to watch. This man was not saying HE was healing, but that Jesus was healing, and I could believe that. I watched the tape, and I know this sounds impossible, but I had no more pain. NONE. I went back to the doctor and told him, and he scoffed, stuck his gloved finger up my rectum and asked me if that hurt. Of course it did. I wish I could have taken him to court over that....but that's neither here, nor there. The point is, the endometriosis was gone. No surgery. No drugs. The doctors had told me I wouldn't be able to get pregnant...that was one way for the endometriosis to be gone....but that it would be near impossible for me. Do you know that just a couple of years later, I got pregnant....had a second child...a son...my daughter was already 15. Then three years later, at 39 years old, I had a second son. My daughter was 19. Prayers are answered. Yes, indeed they are. And Jesus does heal....but remember that sometimes, God does call our loved ones home. Have faith that what God wills will be done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting right along with you! Take care!

    ReplyDelete