Tuesday, February 5, 2013

be still before the Lord

Psalm 37:7 Be still before the Lord and wait patiently before him.  Do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.

Be still before God.

Listen to his small voice.

Be quiet, not anxious.

Wait patiently; that speaks for itself.

WAIT PATIENTLY.

Do not fret, do not worry

Don't get worked up

Don't take matters into your own hands

WAIT PATIENTLY

Do not fret when men succeed in their ways

Don't be anxious

Don't be worried

Don't excessively dwell on it

Even when things don't make sense

When evil is being done

Just go back and remember

Be still before God

and WAIT PATIENTLY before him.

Trust in his timing, will, ways,

Patiently be still.

3 comments:

  1. This post is exactly what I need today. I did my taxes last night, and I was pretty upset and definitely anxious. Today I'm working on putting my worries in God's hands and instead of being anxious, having a better financial strategy for the coming year.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. I could have used this four years ago when our then new boss came in and fired 30 people who had been with our company for years...some of them over 20. I did tell everyone that was left that "what goes round, comes round."...that it might take time, but it would all come back and bite her in the behind. It hasn't happened yet, but I am still waiting and watching. It will happen, I'm sure. None of those people deserved to be fired....not one. God knows. She knew, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. This is exactly what I needed to hear today

    ReplyDelete